1. H.E Ismail Omar Guelleh, President of the Republic and Head of Government of Djibouti
2. Hon. Idriss Arnaoud Ali, Vice- Chairman of the Executive Council of the IPU-IGAD and Speaker of the National Assembly of Djibouti.
3. Hon. Hago Gasm AlSid, Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly of Sudan representing the President of the Executive Council of the IPU-IGAD and Speaker of the National Assembly of Sudan.
4. Hon. Shitaye Minale, Deputy Speaker of the House of Peoples’ Representatives of Ethiopia.
5. Hon. Farah Maalim, Deputy Speaker of Kenya National Assembly.
6. Hon. Abdiwali Ibrahim Sheikh Mudey, 1st Deputy Speaker of the Transitional Federal Parliament of Somalia.
7. Hon. Bourhan Daoud Ahmed, Secretary General of IPU-IGAD.
After hearing the welcoming remarks delivered by the host Speaker, Hon. Idriss Arnaoud Ali and Hon. Hago Gasm AlSid, Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly of Sudan, representing the President of the Executive Council of the IPU-IGAD and Speaker of the National Assembly of Sudan, the Conference was opened officially by H.E Ismail Omar Guelleh, President of the Republic and Head of Government of Djibouti; the meeting then:
• Adopted the agenda of the 4th Conference of Speakers
• Elected the New Bureau of Executive Council and the Conference of Speakers
• Adopted report of the 3rd Conference of Speakers
• Deliberated on the report of the Secretary General on the activities of the Union for the year 2010 - 2011
• Reviewed and adopted the Budget of IPU-IGAD for the year 2012
• Discussed the current situation in Somalia
• Approved the establishment and composition of the bureau of Women Parliamentary Caucus of IPU-IGAD
• Approved the composition of bureaus of the three Standing Committees of IPU-IGAD
• Discussed and decided the date and venue for the meeting of the 5th session of Conference of Speakers.
The meeting reflected on the following matters:
1. The Current situation in Somalia
2. Commitment of Member States meeting their financial obligation
3. Cooperation among Member States for achieving a comprehensive integration processes across the IGAD- region which is the ultimate objective of IPU-IGAD.
4. Proposal of member Parliaments for the election of the New Bureau.
Having noted the above deliberations and based on the resolutions of the 3rd Conference of Speakers held in Ethiopia in 2009, we the Members of the Union resolve the following:
1. Express sincere gratitude to the people and Government of the Republic of Djibouti for its hospitality in hosting the meeting.
2. Congratulate the New Members of the Bureau, Women Parliamentary Caucus and Standing Committees of IPU-IGAD for the successful establishment and composition of their bureaus.
3. Decided the Secretariat to work on the 2011 budget until the Sixth Executive Council Meeting that will be held on May 2012 in Nairobi.
4. Agreed to establish a five member committee comprising from Member States of Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia and Sudan to review the organizational structure and Budget of the Secretariat. The Committee will meet in Khartoum for couple of days to come up with a report for the meeting of the Executive Council to be held in Nairobi.
5. Express gratitude to the Member States that have made contributions to the Union.
6. Encourage Member States to meet their obligation by making their contribution on the basis of the formula set for the fiscal year 2010, 2011 and 2012
7. Further agreed the Secretariat shall notify the amount due to each Member States for the fiscal year 2010, 2011 and 2012
8. Engage Partner States and organizations that have an interest in assisting the Union in attaining its objectives.
9. Take the necessary measures to tackle the political, economic, social and environmental challenges faced by the respecting Nations of the Union at global and regional levels.
10. Encourage IGAD Member States and Parliaments to coordinate their policies to ensure that there is security in Somalia that would bring a conducive environment for ending the transitional period peacefully.
11. Adopted the report of the 3rd Conference of Speakers.
12. Adopted the report of activities of the Secretariat for the year 2010-2011
13. Adopted the Budget of IPU-IGAD for the year 2012
14. Approved the election of the New Bureau of the Executive Council and the Conference of Speakers of IPU-IGAD.
15. Approved the establishment and composition of the bureau of Women Parliamentary Caucus of IPU-IGAD (as attached herein).
16. Further approved the composition of bureaus of the three Standing Committees of IPU-IGAD (as attached herein).
17. Took note on the sideline meetings of the 5th Executive Council and the 4th Conference of Speakers the meeting of Standing Committees and Women Parliamentary Caucus reflected on the issues of migration and development FGM in the IGAD region and request the Secretariat to acquire the basic documents on the these areas and get members of Standing Committees and Women Caucus engaged along these lines.
18. Decide to hold the Fifth Conference of Speakers in _________________ on ________________ 2012
We hereby mandate the Chairman of the Executive Council and the President of the Conference of Speakers to transmit their resolutions to the Heads of State and Government of the IGAD Member States and to all Speakers of National Parliament.